IMPORTANT : 6 Facts About the Old Eastern Nigeria
The gap between the eastern region and other parts of Nigeria was too much. It led to resentment and envy
Look at this facts.
- Between 1954 & 1964, Eastern Nigeria was described as the fastest growing economy in the world by Harvard reviews. Faster than China, Singapore and the “Asian Tigers”.
- The Eastern govt was the only government in the world that invested 45% of its revenues in Education.
- The Eastern Region had the biggest Electricity Supply. Best Hospitals And The Igbos made up 60% Of Nigerian Civil Service
- The Eastern Nigeria had the highest Number of Registered Cars in Nigeria as at 1963 by a large margin.
- The Number of Registered Business in Nigeria as at 1963 was as follows.
West ~ 5776
- All the progress the Eastern Nigeria made was destroyed during the Civil War and they haven’t recovered ever since.
Crédit: Modernisation And Politics Disintegration: Nigeria And The Igbo By Paul Anber